What is the Integrated System?
The Integrated System (HR/Finance) is the University’s suite of administrative applications (also called modules) used for financial and human resources operations and data management. The finance applications in the Integrated System that are accessible by departmental users include the following:
- Purchasing (PO) and Accounts Payable (AP) - These applications allow users to make purchases and pay vendors for those purchases.
- Grants Management (GM) - This application, sometimes referred to as Grants Accounting, allows users to set up Projects and Awards and for budgeting Project and Award combinations.
- General Ledger (GL) - This application is used to record revenue, approve pending journals, and analyze transactions, assets, and liabilities, and fund balance (net assets).
- Accounts Receivable (AR) - This application is used to create and maintain customer records and to create transactions including invoices, which are printed, mailed, and then collected centrally by UVAFinance.
- Fixed Assets (FA) - This application is used for the accounting functions related to the University’s fixed assets, which include buildings, furniture, computers, and other capital equipment. Departmental users have the ability to view Fixed Assets information in this application.
What training is required for access to the Integrated System?
Most Integrated System responsibilities require the completion of training. With a few exceptions, Finance responsibilities require completion of an instructor-led introductory course, Finance Fundamentals, as well as online training specific to the responsibility. All training for a responsibility is grouped in a Learning Path with the same name as the responsibility. The Learning Paths can be found in Employee Self-Service, Learner Home. Search for the Learning Path for the name of the Integrated System responsibility and subscribe to the path to see what courses you are required to complete to gain access to the system, and enroll in the courses. See the Instructions for Completing a Learning Path for more information.
Use the toolkits to:
- determine what system access an employee needs to do his or her job and what responsibility(ies) to request
- find out information about training and support
For information about training and resources for each of the applications, select the toolkit below that aligns with the employee's job duties.