Home / Time and Effort Certification
Time and Effort Certification
Brown Bag Session
Newcomb Hall Room 177
March 9, 2016
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
What is effort reporting and why is it important? How is effort reporting accomplished and who does it?
In this session, participants will explore this concept of effort reporting and Federal requirements that guide internal UVa procedures and practices. Other topics of discussion may include:
- Roles and Responsibilities of those involved in effort reporting;
- UVa practices, specifically for the creation of reports, distribution, certification, and timeliness;
- Implications of NIH Salary Cap, Cost Share commitments, and NIH "K-Career" Awards on effort reporting;
- Effort Certification Challenges;
- Step-by-Step Tutorial of the UVa Effort Reports; special considerations and hands-on case studies to apply your knowledge; and
- Non-compliance risks to the University and faculty.
This session will provide seasoned administrators with a refresher of the information, while newcomers to this function will gain an understanding of why and how effort reporting is accomplished at UVA.
You may enroll in in this session via Employee Self-Service, using the registration link above. However, enrollment in advance is not required.