What is Labor Distribution?
Labor Distribution is the process by which charging instructions are entered into Oracle for payments for academic personnel, ensuring that payroll earnings are distributed to the correct PTAEO.
- This process does not determine whether or how much an employee will be paid. The pay type and frequency of pay is determined by the supervisor and entered into Workday.
- This process is not used for Medical Center or University Physicians Group (UPG), whether or not they are charging ACD fund sources. This process, known as a costing allocation, is handled in Workday by the Manager.
- NEW!! Check out this Costing Allocation presentation to learn more about Workday costing allocation and how UPG and MC employee labor and fringe costs are applied to ACD fund sources.
- Element Mapping Guide (will open as download, not webpage) - use when creating or verifying an Element level schedule
- Expenditure Type Search: Not sure what Expenditure Type to use in your LD Schedule? Check out the Expenditure Type Search on Procurement's website. Most likely, you will want to filter by Category: Wages. The results display the expenditure types next to their descriptions.
- Labor Distribution Training Guide
- Labor Distribution on Sponsored Programs: Scheduling and LD Adjustments
- Labor Distribution for Work-Study