What is the Integrated System?
The Integrated System (HR/Finance) is the University’s suite of administrative applications (also called modules) used for financial and human resources operations and data management. The finance applications in the Integrated System that are accessible by departmental users include the following:
- Purchasing (PO) and Accounts Payable (AP) - These applications allow users to make purchases and pay vendors for those purchases.
- Grants Management (GM) - This application, sometimes referred to as Grants Accounting, allows users to set up Projects and Awards and budget Project and Award combinations.
- General Ledger (GL) - This application is used to record revenue, approve pending journals, and analyze transactions, assets, liabilities, and fund balances (net assets).
- Accounts Receivable (AR) - This application is used to create and maintain customer records and to create transactions including invoices, which are printed, mailed, and then collected centrally by UVAFinance.
- Fixed Assets (FA) - This application is used for the accounting functions related to the University’s fixed assets, which include buildings, furniture, computers, and other capital equipment. Departmental users have the ability to view Fixed Assets information in this application.
What responsbility is needed?
Go to Responsibility Descriptions (left menu) to determine what system access an employee needs based on their job duties and what Integrated System responsibility(ies) to request.
See the Steps to Access for more information on the process for gaining access to the Integrated System and links to other resources.
All responsibilities are requested using the Electronic Self-Help Access Request Process (ESHARP).
What training is required for access to the Integrated System?
Most Integrated System responsibilities require the completion of training. With a few exceptions, Finance responsibilities require completion of an instructor-led introductory course, Finance Fundamentals, as well as online training specific to the responsibility.
All training for a responsibility is grouped in a Learning Path with the same name as the responsibility. The Learning Paths can be found in Employee Self-Service, Learner Home. Search for the Learning Path with the name of the Integrated System responsibility and subscribe to the path to see which courses you are required to complete to gain access to the system, and enroll in the courses. For example, if you need the GM Transaction Specialist responsibility, search for the Learning Path, GM Transaction Specialist. See the Instructions for Subscribing to a Learning Path for more information
Following is a video tutorial for help in subscribing to Learning Paths and enrolling in training for Integrated System responsibilities: Registering for Integrated System Responsibility Training